Much as we loathe the idea of bidding adieu to summer weather, it’s time to start thinking about what you want to wear once the temperature drops. The best way to start is to take an honest inventory of what’s in your closet to determine what can stay and what should go the way of Goodwill. Check out our guide to breaking up with your summer wardrobe and upgrading your closet for the coming fall season.
Looks to get:
- Shakespeare in Love: Invoke the spirit of the Renaissance with ornate, tapestry-inspired designs.
- Eastern Influence: Choose pretty prints, kimono silhouettes, and wide obi belts.
- Witty Knits: Cheeky sweaters give new meaning to the phrase “knit wit.”
- Go for Gold: Add some glitter and glitz to your look with burnished metallics.
Looks to keep:
- Leather Looks: Designers once again favored leather as a go-to textile for fall.
- Peplum: This flattering, ladylike silhouette has earned a spot on your “to keep” pile.
- Military: Save your pennies and bring that military-style jacket out for another year.
- Tangerine: The color of the year will keep bringing brightness to the masses.
Looks to toss:
- Thigh-High Boots: Sorry, Kardashian fans. Opt for knee-high boots instead, as see on the runways of Alexander McQueen and Proenza Schouler.
- Draping: This season is all about sharp, feminine tailoring.
- Leggings as pants: Let your nine-year-old rock this look. Proper pants are back.
- Skin: The ladies of Downton Abbey inspired more puritan, covered-up style on the runways. Think high necklines, low hemlines, and elegant suiting. Subtle is sexy.
Serious protection is now seriously flexible. NEW U by Kotex® CleanWear® Pads feature a MemoryFlex* core that moves with your body, and they’ve got you covered with an ultra-flexible 4-layer absorbency system. Plus, wings help prevent bunching and scrunching.
Introducing NEW U by Kotex® Sleek* Tampons with PerfectTouch* Grip for “just right” placement, a smooth tip for easy insertion, and a slim size for your comfort. For small size with big protection, try U by Kotex Click® tampons. They all have bold colors and wrappers.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Kotex via Glam Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kotex.